The sixth volume in the They Drew as They Pleased series from award-winning Disney historian Didier Ghez!
They Drew as They Pleased Volume 6: The Hidden Art of Disney's New Golden Age explores the Disney Animation Studios from the 1990s through 2010s.
This gorgeous volume is the culmination of this landmark series, profiling artists Joe Grant, Hans Bacher, Mike Gabriel, and Michael Giaimo.
• Blockbusters like The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Frozen, and Moana captivated audiences around the globe.
• Explores how Disney navigated the dramatic shift to computer animation
• Filled with vivid descriptions, never-before-seen art, and interviews with the artists themselves
This visually rich collection offers a rare view of the artists whose collective talents exemplify Disney's storied past and visionary leap forward.
As Disney shifted to computer animation, the featured artists were part of the animation process through it all—as they had been since the studio's inception.
• Ideal for anyone looking for a unique visual history of Disney's artists, as well as unprecedented access to concept art
• Makes a wonderful gift for fans of Disney, animation, pop culture, and film history
• A visually gorgeous volume that can be displayed on the coffee table or on the shelf
• Perfect for those who loved The Illusion of Life: Disney Animation by Ollie Johnston and The Animator's Survival Kit by Richard Williams
Hardcover; 208 pages